Questions about the Global Ethic Project
• Is the Global Ethic Project a religious project?
• Does the Global Ethic Project aim at a unification of all religions?
• Doesn’t peace-making between the religions mean ignoring the differences between them?
• Doesn’t Global Ethic involve a new global ideology?
• Is the Global Ethic meant to replace the ethics of the individual religions?
• Isn’t Global Ethic a Western programme that is being imposed upon the rest of the world?
• Aren’t ethical norms always dependent upon a particular culture, so that in a different culture everything is different?
• Don’t the ethical responsibilities of man stand in opposition to the rights of man?
• Isn’t Global Ethic a utopia without a chance of success?
• Would Muslims accept the Global Ethic idea?
• Isn’t it true that in the world religions women are pushed to the sidelines? Must this not be stopped?
• Did the Global Ethic idea gain new urgency through the tragic events of 11 September 2001?
• Can the Global Ethic idea be helpful in the economy?
• Is there a difference between ethic and ethics?
• Could one say that a Global Ethic proposes to create something like the Ten Commandments of the World Religions?
• Can the global ethic be something added to my religion?
• Is the Global Ethic nothing more than a minimal consensus in ethical matters?
• What does the Dalai Lama think of the Global Ethic Project?
a Global Ethic?
in Everyday Life
Why a Global Ethic?
Hans Küng: Way and Work
The Global Ethic
• Chines. Religion
The Peace Potential
Global Economy –
The Three Levels
a New Way –
Responsibility and Sustainability
Questions about the
Global Ethic Project
You’re on the spot !
Global Ethic concrete:
Global Ethic Forum